“The body, mind, and emotions are instruments which can be used by either the self-centered nature (Ego) or the God-centered nature (Higher Self). The self centered nature uses these instruments, yet it is never fully able to control them, so there is a constant struggle. They can only be fully controlled by the God-centered nature. When the God- centered nature takes over, you have found inner peace. The self- centered nature is a very formidable enemy and it struggles fiercely to retain its identity. It defends itself in a cunning manner and should not be regarded lightly. It knows the weakest spots in your armor. During these periods of attack, maintain a humble stature and be intimate with none but the guiding whisper of your higher self. “
From: Mildred Ryder’s, Peace Pilgrim: Her life and work in her own words
Instruments for Inner Peace
Body: The body is God’s Temple. Build It, Nourish It & Rest It.
- Eating: Feeding the body wholesome, natural, and healthy things is important for maintaining energy and balance. 10 Healthy Eating Habits
- Exercise: 30 minutes of exercise a day (walking, yoga, basketball, etc.)
- Sun Gazing: Sun Gazing provides beneficial stimulation to the body. The process itself negates the body’s innate need for food and retrains it to run on the energy of the sun. As such, the process helps increase energy, clarity of thinking, and overall health. NASA research suggested that the process could make an individual maintain a level of health that was far better in comparison to other individuals of the same age.
- Sleep: Health Benefits of getting Rest By Midnight
Mind: Build your mind with good reads and better thoughts
- Reading: Opens the mind and spirit to receiving new ideas and knowledge. This constant feeding of the mind also affects the building of the spirit, especially when applying what resonates through reading. (P.S. Stay tuned for our book reviews)
- Prayer: Feeling is the secret of successful prayer, for in prayer, we feel ourselves into the situation of the answered prayer and then, we live and act upon that conviction.
- Meditation: Meditation is the act of contemplation or reflection, and serves two purposes – to (1) gain tranquility, and to (2) gain insight. How to Meditate
- Emotions: Channel them to attract your desires. Learn from them. Ask yourself what is the lesson here? Why is this happening. Emotional Intelligence is the ability to identify and manage your own emotions and the emotions of others. It is generally said to include three skills: emotional awareness; the ability to harness emotions and apply them to tasks like thinking and problem solving; and the ability to manage emotions, which includes regulating your own emotions and cheering up or calming down other people.
In conclusion, the instruments for inner peace are tools used for self-love and self-discovery. We must take the time to balance ourselves- mind, body and spirit. Use the instruments to catapult the High Self over the ego. Exercise the body and breathe deeply. Search for knowledge, the more that we build the mind, the sharper we will be. The information is used to bring us to a point of clarity, so that we can enter into a State of Higher Consciousness. Feed the mind healthy thoughts, and free the self from limiting beliefs.
Inner peace is an INSIDE job.
Are you ready for the journey?
A Love Revolution